Sunday, March 8, 2009

Frugal Tip #19

Frugal Tip #19

Make your own stuff.

There are lots of things you can do yourself and therefore save money on. As well as save the environment in a lot of cases. An example of this is growing an organic garden! It takes a while to yield food, sure, and it takes some work, but you get fresh organic veggies out of it for your family at a fraction of the cost of buying them.

Another example is making your own cleaners. Not only is this a) cheaper but it also is b) better for the environment and c) healthier for your family. I've started to do this a lot, and it is seriously so much cheaper, and I don't have to worry about whether my baby is picking up any of the stuff that I'm using off the floor or tables, etc.

Here is a GREAT site that gives you recipes for many of the household cleaners that you use. Just scroll down a little ways and you'll see the list of cleaners and the non-toxic ways of making them at home:

http://www.eartheasy.com/live_nontoxic_solutions.htm

Seriously, I think is a good thing... why spend money on the "eco friendly" (or even the not eco-friendly) stuff at the supermarket when you can make it at home for far cheaper? No brainer here, guys!

-Hot Frugal Momma

1 comment:

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥
YOUR VOTE REALLY WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Post a Comment

 
- Hot Frugal Momma -